If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site or any related Oper8 products and services.
Type of personal information collected
We may collect and hold a range of information about you, including your name, contact details (including address, email address, phone number or mobile telephone number), occupation, employer, username and password. This is not an exhaustive list, as we may at times need to collect additional information for user authentication purposes when you speak with our Service Desk team.
Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use personal information for purposes including to contact and communicate with you, internal record keeping, marketing, and understanding how you use our products and services.
We may also use your information:
- to provide products and services to you, to provide you with information about those products and services, to assist you with enquiries or purchases
- to administer and manage the products and services we provide to you, to charge and bill you for them, and to collect any amounts you may owe us
- to monitor network, service and product use, quality and performance, and to operate, maintain, develop, test and upgrade our systems and infrastructure
- as required or authorised by law (including the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cth) and the Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Act 1979 (Cth) and other laws applicable to us and our wholesale providers)
- as required by or in accordance with any industry code or industry standard registered under the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cth)
- as required by or in accordance with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO).
We may collect information about you in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you (such as where you provide information to us when you visit one or our websites, meet with our staff, complete an order form or agreement for our products or services, or contact us with a query or request)
- from publicly available sources of information
- from our records of how you use your Oper8 products or services
- from third parties such as our related entities, business partners, credit reporting bodies, wholesale or other customers, your related entities or your representatives.
If you choose not to provide certain information about you, we may not be able to provide the Oper8 products or services you require, or provide Service Desk support when you need it.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information for purposes including to provide our products and services to you, and as required by law.
We may also disclose your information:
- to your authorised representatives or advisers, or when you ask us to do so
- our resellers, wholesale suppliers, our related entities or our business partners
- to telecommunication and information service providers or to our wholesale providers through whom you may acquire products or services (for example, we may need to disclose your information for network installation purposes)
- to our wholesale data centre suppliers for the purpose of enabling secure access to your Oper8 colocation or other data centre services
- for the purposes of facilitating or implementing a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business
- to the manager of the Integrated Public Number Database, and other organisations as required or authorised by law
- as required or authorised by law, including to law enforcement and national security agencies, and other government and regulatory authorities.
Access to and correction of personal information
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints about breach
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us on the email address below.
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us at the details below.
Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure.
We may store your information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. We take the privacy and security of your information seriously and we are committed to maintaining the security of your information under our control. We use a combination of technical solutions, security controls and internal processes to help us protect your information and our network from unauthorised access and disclosure.
While we take these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the range of information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information.
About this Policy Statement
This Policy Statement is provided by Oper8 Pty Ltd, effective 13 November 2015. On occasion we may need to amend this Policy Statement which will be posted to our website (www.oper8.com.au), and it will apply to all of your information held by us at the time.
For any questions or notice, please contact us at:
Oper8 Pty Ltd
ABN: 33 157 875 048