Elev8 – CTERA Portal (Small Business)
Oper8 is a Certified Reseller Partner for CTERA in Australia.
While many small businesses have big IT requirements, bordering on enterprise-grade in some cases, you are constrained by tight budgets and a shortage of in-house IT personnel. When it comes to storage and data protection, you can face an impossible choice between overpriced enterprise solutions and cheap but inadequate consumer-level solutions.
CTERA’s innovative cloud-integrated solution provides local NAS, backup agents for servers, desktops and laptops, remote cloud backup, file synchronization and mobile collaboration, all in a single tightly integrated product, delivered at a fraction of the cost of traditional disparate solutions.
|All in One Solution||Combines backup, NAS, cloud sync and mobile collaboration in a single solution at significantly lower cost than equivalent separate solutions.|
|Local & Cloud Backup||Back up your servers, desktops and laptops both locally and to the cloud, get fast local recovery with off-site redundancy in case of a local disaster.|
|Easy to Use and Manage||Access your CTERA appliance and cloud files anywhere using a web browser. Restore backups, view and share files, even from your mobile device.|
Benefit from the Cloud, but keep it local
CTERA combines hardware (CloudNAS) appliances, small footprint software agents and cloud storage services to deliver a seamless user experience that feels local but delivers the flexibility, file sharing and off-site disaster recovery capabilities of the cloud. Using advanced de-duplication and compression technologies, CTERA ensures speedy data transfer to and from the cloud. Oper8’s Cloud Storage supports CTERA customers.
With CTERA you can:
- Store, back up and share files locally using NAS protocols (CIFS, NFS, AFP)
- Back up and restore files and full disk images on servers, desktops and laptops (Windows, Linux and Mac)
- Back up and restore your Microsoft Exchange, including single-mailbox recovery
- Back up and sync files to the cloud, maintaining multiple snapshots
- Share files in the cloud and on your mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android)
CTERA can replace:
- NAS appliances, file servers, tape drives
- Backup software for servers, desktops, and laptops
- Online backup services
- Off-site tape vaulting services
- Cloud-based folder synchronization and mobile file access services
CTERA hardware (CloudNAS) appliances are available in four variants:
- CloudNAS-200 (C200): 2 x 4TB (RAID-1); dual 1GbE ports
- CloudNAS-400 (C400): 4 x 4TB (RAID-5); dual 1GbE ports
- CloudNAS-800 (C800): 8 x 4TB (RAID-5); dual 1GbE ports
- CloudNAS-800Plus (C800-P): 8 x 4TB (RAID-5); dual 1GbE ports; expanded user capacity
CTERA Portal runs under VMware, and requires the following capabilities, performance and network capabilities:
- Local disk storage delivering at least 1,000 IOPS
- VMware ESXi v5.5 and above
- Network Load Balancer (if multiple Virtual Portals to be used)
- VM Backup for database protection
Annual software support and maintenance fees also apply.
A range of options are available:
- File Sync and Share Licenses
- Workstation Backup Licenses
- Server Backup Licenses
- Oper8 Hosted CTERA Portal
- Oper8 Cloud Storage capacity
- Oper8 Installation Services
- Consider using Oper8 CloudBox