Elev8 – CTERA Portal (Corporate)
Oper8 is a Certified Reseller Partner for CTERA in Australia.
Cloud storage promises to deliver great cost-savings and business agility for enterprise IT, while delivering easier ways of storing, sharing and protecting enterprise data. However, making cloud storage usable for applications that are not purely in the cloud poses several challenges: security of data as it moves to and from the cloud, WAN speed and latency in remote sites, and integration with existing IT systems and applications.
|Private or Public
|Choose among multiple object storage vendors and public cloud storage providers as your storage infrastructure, with easy-to-use connectors from CTERA.|
|Use CTERA to deliver hybrid cloud/on-premises storage, data protection and collaboration solutions, managed centrally from a single platform.|
|Active Directory / LDAP Integration||CTERA provides extensive integration with your Active Directory / LDAP for identity management and user authentication, including support for Active Directory forests.|
CTERA’s enterprise cloud storage solution is a platform that enables deployment of integrated cloud storage applications to the distributed enterprise, including mobile workers, remote offices and branches. It utilizes a combination of cloud storage (CloudNAS) gateways, end-point agents, mobile apps and a cloud service delivery portal to deliver a secure, WAN-optimised solution that doesn’t require development or custom integration.
Navigating The Challenges of Diverse Storage Environments
Applications of CTERA’s technology address multiple needs that would otherwise require separate solutions at a much higher total cost of ownership:
- Remote Office / Branch Office (ROBO) storage: A complete solution for storage, data protection and file sharing that is physically distributed but centrally managed
- Enterprise File Sync & Share: Addressing the needs of employees and business associates to easily access and share files within predefined teams or ad-hoc, and providing a secure alternative to non-secure consumer cloud services
- Managed NAS: Replacing expensive file servers with centrally-managed, cloud-enabled (CloudNAS) appliances with local storage capacity, and no need for on-site IT staff.
Leverage Your Cloud Storage Infrastructure
Object-based storage, which serves as the infrastructure for cloud storage services, is highly cost-effective enterprise-grade storage. The ability to utilise your private cloud as a storage pool for multiple use-cases presents an opportunity for significant cost savings.
CTERA helps enterprises make the most out of their datacenter investment by maximising the utilisation of private cloud object storage, making storage silos and point solutions such as tape backup and dedicated laptop backup redundant. CTERA Portal is interoperable with datacenter and storage technologies from Cisco, EMC, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp and additional vendors, giving you the freedom to choose your cloud infrastructure.
You can also optionally take advantage of Oper8’s (CTERA compatible) Cloud Storage services hosted in Australia.
CTERA hardware (CloudNAS) appliances are available in four variants:
- CloudNAS-200 (C200): 2 x 4TB (RAID-1); dual 1GbE ports
- CloudNAS-400 (C400): 4 x 4TB (RAID-5); dual 1GbE ports
- CloudNAS-800 (C800): 8 x 4TB (RAID-5); dual 1GbE ports
- CloudNAS-800Plus (C800-P): 8 x 4TB (RAID-5); dual 1GbE ports; expanded user capacity
CTERA Portal runs under VMware, and requires the following capabilities, performance and network capabilities:
- Local disk storage delivering at least 1,000 IOPS
- VMware ESXi v5.5 and above
- Network Load Balancer (if multiple Virtual Portals to be used)
- VM Backup for database protection
Annual software support and maintenance fees also apply.
A range of options are available:
- File Sync and Share Licenses
- Workstation Backup Licenses
- Server Backup Licenses
- Oper8 Hosted CTERA Portal
- Oper8 Cloud Storage capacity
- Oper8 Installation Services
- Consider using Oper8 CloudBox